Thursday, June 4, 2009

Settling into the nation's capital

I am finally settling into life in the Northeast, well, as north as I've ever lived before! I am absolutely loving D.C., the weather is wonderful, the views are breathtaking, and the city is vibrant, young and full of life. Exactly what I want right now. I'm currently staying in Alexandria, about 20 minutes outside of the city, in a brownstone walk-up. It is by far the most amazing little place I've ever seen! I am so in love with the area. It's quaintness, the brick buildings, the quiet gardens and my view of the park. It's completely serene and gorgeous.

My first week as a D.C. intern is going well. As I am currently interning with a global non-profit that just recently established a US presence, I am most definitely staying busy (read: 2 entire days devoted to brainstorming). But, I LOVE my coworkers and our cute little office off K & 14th.

So, to make the most of my time, I have decided to develop a list of activities to accomplish/visit while here this summer:

Visit the Smithsonian


See a free show at the Kennedy Center


Take the elevator to the top of the monument


Tour the White House


Peruse the mall/memorial



And these are just a few ideas to keep me going... so much to do and so little time!

Cheers my dears!
xoxo

No comments: