Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Exploring the natural side of DC/VA

I have to say, one of my favorite things about being in DC is the foliage. I know, it sounds completely old-ladyish, but the trees, flowers and gardens are absolutely breathtaking. Take my favorite flower for example, the peony. I woke up yesterday morning to a lovely vase on the kitchen table! Laryl picked them fresh just outside the apartment. They just make my day looking at them and the smell is wonderful to boot!



Today, the SPW USA team, as a whole, spent a day out of the office doing some team building activities and chats. Following this "get-to-know-you" morning, we headed out to Mason Neck State Park to do some canoeing and hiking. I was beside myself with excitement as I discovered that this state park is also a bald eagle refuge. We saw at least 2 bald eagles on the banks of the Potomac River (where we canoed) and to make the day even better I spotted 3 deer! Each was a doe, with gorgeous coats, big eyes and the cuddliest ears. It was such a great day to get to know the staff and the area even better.




Ciao!

3 comments:

CBK said...

Glad you're having fun! I left you a little something on my blog :)

Posh Peach said...

What gorgeous flowers and how fun that you saw bald eagles! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. I hope I get to meet your friend Ashley since we're on the same JL council!

sealaura said...

hope you have had a fun week exploring, here's to a great weekend!
cheers!