Tuesday, November 24, 2009

T minus 2 days

A co-worker of mine sent me this video courtesy of The Huffington Post and in the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought it was too cute not to share. Oh, kids.


Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading home for Thanksgiving and I could not be more excited to see the family. It's been since graduation when I last saw my brother and grandparents, I don't think I've ever gone this long. Since my mom and step-dad moved to South Carolina this summer, we're celebrating at their new "mountain home" as my step-dad refers to it. And we use this term loosely as they are in Columbia, not the Appalachian Trail. But I guess compared to Florida, mountain might not be too far off. It's a little weird to not go home to the house where I grew up for the holidays, but I'm also really excited because I've planned a (insert accent here) Charleston day trip with my brothers and their girlfriends.

Tonight, I'm headed to a Tweetsgiving event here in D.C. - my first "tweet up" and a philanthropic one to boot!

So, in keeping with the thankful-aura of this week, I thought one of my favorite quotes would be quite appropriate. Happy Thanksgiving!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F. Kennedy




No comments: