Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend I took a much needed mini-hiatus and headed down to South Carolina to visit mom & stepdad. Lucky for me, LW's fam is from Columbia too so I caught a ride with her, her bf and their pup, making to 7+ hour drive much more enjoyable.

Cuddled up with LW's pup, Laila, I finally got the chance to finish The Time Traveler's Wife, an amazing book that I completely fell in love with. Although, I'll admit, I was a bit confused at first with multiple protagonists at varying ages in one time period, I finally managed to wrap my head around the concept and then couldn't put the book down.


My backseat buddy, Laila.


Once home, mom and I explored her new town a bit. We found a restaurant/bar called The Flying Saucer which had well over 100 different types of beer on tap. We tried cherry, blueberry and even pear beers, which was an interesting experience! If you drink every type of beer they offer (and believe you me it's a lot), the restaurant honors you with your very own saucer on the wall. My favorites were "this will look good on my resume" and "I would have finished sooner if I didn't have a girlfriend." oh good times.


Poor iPhone quality, but the saucers on the wall were pretty funny.

Mom and I also went to go see Julie & Julia - and the reviews are spot-on! The movie really was absolutely delightful. I didn't even expect it to be as funny as it was.


Today, instead of being the usual first day back to school, I started my new internship in D.C. I am absolutely loving the company and the account I'm on! It's exciting to be in the epicenter of change and development every day. And on that note, I'm fixin' to take my tired bones to bed so I can be up and at 'em again tomorrow!




One of my favorite parts of home - my sweet Molly. Look at that ghost face, I can't believe it's been 10 years since we brought her home!


Happy Monday!
xoxo,

2 comments:

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

I hope day 2 at Awesome PR Agency is just as great as day 1 :)

Dmbosstone said...

Isn't it a different feeling not going to school in the fall? It took me awhile to get used to it!