Saturday, August 29, 2009

The big man's house

This week I finally got the chance to tour the White House. I had nearly given up on it, since you have to jump through so many hoops and red tape to get on the list (understandably of course). As excited as I was to go to on the tour, please don't think me unpatriotic when I say it was a bit disappointing. I don't mean disappointing so much as it just didn't live up to everything I had expected. For starters, you can't bring anything in that place - I had to leave my entire purse at the office and just bring my ID. Cell phones have to be turned off and there is absolutely no taking pictures, which if you know me is hard to resist.

But it was a cool experience to at least say I've done it. Mom asked if I got to see the Oval Office or any former living quarters, not quite, but it was cool to see the stately dining rooms with furniture and paintings dating back to 1800.

My favorite part was in the tourist entrance, they had photo collages lining the halls, each with a different theme. There were collages of presidents with their dogs, White House weddings and other especially memorable moments - Easter Egg hunt etc. These gave it so much more of a personal vibe, which makes it easier to relate to, if that's possible!

But of course, I was able to snag some photos on my phone outside:

It is a grandiose place!

Cheers my dears,
xoxo

1 comment:

Dmbosstone said...

I got to take a West Wing tour where I got to see the Oval Office and the Press Briefing room...