Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is the way we live...

Slowly but surely, things are coming together here in Crystal City. It's been an exhausting process for sure, but every day one or two more things come together to make my new apartment a little homier. As I am a poor intern, I've decided to go along the more "minimalistic" track of decorating, but thus far it seems to be working quite well.

The roommate and I found a great table at Eastern Market that we've decided to fancy up by adding out own flair. And by flair I basically just mean paint. But nonetheless, its been a fun project, sanding and painting everything down.


Chairs are still in progress...

Everything seems to be speeding by so quickly lately that I can't believe it. Tonight, I got a call from my little, describing how the new members in our sorority are picking their bigs tonight. I can't even believe that it's been an entire year since I last went through that. I remember wanting to be done with college so badly, ready to take on the world and now I am and it's a completely different experience than I had thought. I'm not going to lie, being a "grown up" is exponentially more stressful than I had anticipated. But fortunately, I'm living in a city I love surrounded by some of the most inspirational people I'll ever meet.

Also, it is officially fall, my absolute favorite season, and I cannot wait to share with you the scenery that is sure to come.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoveloveLOVE the table! Can't wait to see some beautiful pictures! Hope you have a great week! = )

Dmbosstone said...

Let me tell ya that minimalism is the way to go when it comes to how I furnish my house.