Thursday, September 17, 2009

New beginnings

What a whirlwind my life has been lately, leaving me absent from blogging for far longer than I prefer.

My new internship has been absolutely amazing, everything that I want in a job and more. I'm finally where I want to be, doing what I want to do and I could not be any happier.

In other news, this past weekend I moved in to my every own D.C. apartment. Crystal City (aka Arlington) is my new stomping grounds. I would just like to point out that living 14 hours away from your brother is not conducive to moving and building furniture, but at least I'm turning in to one handy girl. I've (almost) successfully built a dresser and a bed and bargained, bought, sanded and painted a dining room table. I believe I could start an entire new blog that chronicles this adventure, but for now I'll leave you with some photos.

Meet our dining room - classy, I know.
This buggie would have saved my life, had I found it before making 15 trips to my car. But, better late than never.



And on that note, off to work I go.

3 comments:

Dmbosstone said...

Welcome to A-town!

MLD said...

Home for me is a bit further South but when I am done with school I would LOVE to be in DC/Arlington! Enjoy it, theres so much to do!

Unknown said...

Came across your blog today and think it is fabulous! I will def. keep reading.