Thursday, April 16, 2009

Senioritis or a panic attack?

I have to admit, being a soon-to-be or recent graduate nowadays is extremely disheartening. For the last 18 years, give or take, I've been a student. It's what I've always done well, it's what I've always loved, and it's what I've poured my heart and soul into because it's what I always known. When I got to college, unlike so many of my friends, I immediately found a major that I knew what perfect for me. Since Day 1, I've always felt that I was made for PR. I actually like my classes and my professors are honestly some of my best friends, not to mention I probably own them my first born child due to their help. But now, after four years of striving for the light at the end of the tunnel, I approach it with a heavy heart. I've spent time making copies or running errands and I want now more than anything to have a job to put my heart into after school. I want my own business cards and my name on a cubicle or office and I want to know that school and work has finally paid off. But instead of seeing graduation ahead of me like a beacon for a new chapter in my life, it looms over my days, shadowing them with nervousness and worry. I'm ready to take the next step in my life and continue growing, but instead I am only consumed with worries. Is grad school the best option now? Do I try for an MBA or stay in the field of communications? Do I take a part-time internship and wait tables at night? Do I move home and feel defeated?

I just wish I could see what was coming next or have at least a glimpse of my future. But I am thankful to have at least one interview lined up. I don't want to get my hopes up with the competitive job market, but hopefully after next week I will be able to tailor my thoughts a little more.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


Oh goodness.

xoxo
-ams

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad to hear all is well--thanks for reading my blog!