Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You'll be loved like you never have know

Elie Wiesel, a Nobel Prize winner, Holocaust survivor, and author of the wonderful book Night once stated that "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." I have to say that over the years, I've reflected on this adage many a time, yet, I never quite understood it until now. In my post-break-up world, I realize that this is completely true and it captures exactly how I felt at the end of my last relationship- completely jaded and indifferent. I loved him, but now I don't feel anything, which I am now chalking up to indifference.

Love is a funny and fickle thing, capturing you when you least expect and leaving you all the better, because despite the circumstances, there's always something to learn.




xoxo
-ams

No comments: