Monday, November 10, 2008

Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings






Well you know the holiday season is officially upon us when Starbucks rolls out the holiday cups. I just love Christmas time at Starbucks. There's nothing like pretending it's not 80 degrees outside with a nice, warm cup of joe in your festive cup!

My family has so many fun Christmas traditions I just can't wait for everything to start.

Christmas Made in the South is by far one of my favorite holiday events. Every year after Thanksgiving, the show stops in Jacksonville and of course mom and I make our way downtown to stock up. The vendors have the absolute cutest paintings, crafts, food, ornaments, and jewelry. And it is the south, so everyone is so sweet and friendly it puts you in the cheeriest pre-Christmas mood.

This year, I'm very excited for a new UCF tradition: Light Up UCF. The school has adorned the new arena in thousands of beautiful lights and even set up an ice-skating rink. But the fun doesn't stop there! A couple nights a week, every week til Christmas, they will be showing Christmas movies outside on the lawn and my very favorite Christmas film, It's a Wonderful Life, will be show. It's such a classic, romantic, movie; I love how it leaves me feeling so thankful in the end.




Yet no Christmas event will ever parallel the love I have for the Nutcracker. It's a tradition that my mom and I have held for 18 years. Since I was 3, mom and I have gone every year to see the Nutcracker ballet together. We've seen this timeless tale in at least four states, choreographed nearly every way you can possibly imagine. As a dancer and musician for most of my life, the radiance of the Nutcracker never ceases to amaze me. I just can't wait for our traditional date this year.


No comments: