Friday, January 1, 2010

For auld lang syne, my dear

Well, it's officially 2010, folks. There's something so wonderfully exciting about the beginning of a new year, with everyone filled with resolve, ambition and optimism. This year, I enjoyed my first D.C. New Year's Eve in great company, a sure sign of a wonderful year to come. And while I don't necessarily believe in resolutions, but more so establishing goals, I've certainly begun list-making things I hope to accomplish this year.

Image via Orlando Weekly

As one of my goals for this year includes staying on top of the blogosphere even more, I found a perfect quote shared by one of my favorite daily reads La Dolce Vita:

"May the best of the past be the worst of the future." - An Irish blessing

Also, in the spirit of list-making, the contributors to one of my favorite local blogs posted their resolutions for the new year. It's a great "to-do" list for D.C. residents or visitors and I've definitely put the majority of these items on my list as well.



Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve!

3 comments:

Jaeveberry said...

i love that irish saying. happy new year to you dear!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I miss New Years in DC!!! Where did you go?

Kate said...

Happy happy new year!